Friday, January 30, 2009

The color pink is automaticaly the "girl" color. And the color blue is automatically the "guy" color. How the heck did we come up with these colors and what color goes to what gender? I agree with what Errin said in class today, its so lame how we have colors for each gender. We should not have to use colors do determine who is who. If a guy wears pink, society assumes that he is gay. But if a girl wears blue, we don't think twice. I just wanted to add my thoughts to that conversation :)

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to add that color of cloths also crosses boundaries of not only gender, but ethnicity. What a white male can ware may not be acceptable to another American ethnicity and vice versa. Making it very confusing and difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know how I feel about this topic. I like wearing pink. I am perfectly fine with men wearing pink in moderation, but I also like men who are fashion conscience. However, I have said some negative things about men who over do it. I think pink is just more feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a household full of females. I live with my wife, 3 daughters, and my younger sister. I grew up in a totally opposite environment, 4 brothers and 1 sister. I do things with my daughters that don't even phase me anymore. The funny thing is I am more aware of these things when I'm around my brothers. Pink is such a popular color in my house. The funny thing is that I can't tell if it's there favorite color just cause they like it, or if I've unknowingly taught them that they're supposed to like it. I try to be very open minded to their hobbies and interests. I try not to color code them.

    ReplyDelete